Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My Class at Ivy Thimble Quilt Shop


What a whirlwind weekend!  What an extremely nice group of quilters!  I had a great time!!!
Me and Trish - owner of Ivy Thimble Quilt shop
I flew in a very bumpy flight on Thursday.  Friday morning I was whisked away to the Ivy Thimble Quilt & Gift Shop.  The shop is in an old train station.  How cool is that?  Trust me, its cool!  My lecture was at 1:00 so I had plenty of time to set up and meet the staff.  Everyone was so nice and very helpful.  My lecture was really three different lectures boiled into one.  I spoke about antique doll quilts, about Quilts Remembered quilt patterns and how I got to have a pattern company started and then demos on tools of the trade.  There were lots of questions and tons of different tools for people to take home.  The shop sold out of just about every one of them!




All day Saturday I taught Laura’s 1870 Cradle Quilt.  The class went smoothly just like clockwork.  My 12 students worked from the second they sat down.  They got right down to business and didn’t stop until lunch.  For lunch, Trish the shop owner, brought in a wonderful array of wraps and desserts for everyone!  They were YUMMY!  Thanks Trish!!!  After lunch they worked even harder to get all the shapes done for the quilt.  It is too bad we could sew into the night but alas I had to go home.  My flight was quiet…only 11 out of approx. 126 seats were taken.  I even got to sit in 1st class…but so did half the rest of the passengers!  Hahahaha!!!



Thanks Trish and staff at the Ivy Thimble Quilt shop AND a special thanks to my great students.  I hope to be hearing from you soon and seeing their finished Quilts Remembered quilts.

Now back to reality. 
Happy quilting,
Annemarie 

No comments: