Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Class Quilts

Time to share a few class quilts.  Jo's Little Women class is going strong.  We began in March 2012.  So many wonderful quilts to make and such yummy fabrics.  The first sample I made is called "Eggs and Bacon", size 36-1/2" square.
Eggs and Bacon

The next month the club got together and I showed them some of the tiniest piecing I have ever done.  This one is called "Transferware". The name comes from mid-18th century china or pottery.  The finished size of the flying geese is 5/8" x 1-1/4".  Sew tiny!
Transferware
Tonight was our third class.  We had 2 quilts this time.  Both quilts were completed using 9-Patches.  I love, love, love 9-Patches.  I never get bored of them and that is a good thing considering there are 109 1-1/2" finished little darlings in these 2 quilts.
Framed

Glimmers
I promised I would post a picture of the back side of "Framed" to show the clipping technique up close.
Back side of "Framed" showing clipping/pressing technique

Here are a few class member quilts too.  Enjoy!!!
A bit different version of "Transferware"

Nice use of Jo's fabrics

Close-up of another "Transferware"
Hope you enjoy the pictures.  Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think.
Happy Quilting,
Annemarie

1 comment:

Jan said...

Well, they are all great, but I really love Eggs and Bacon best! Thanks for all the pics.