Thursday, June 16, 2011

Before the Issue is Gone...

Before issue #83 of Quiltmania is gone for the magazine racks I just want to say thank you. It was a pleasure to have one of my designs published in Quiltmania Magazine.

I met the people from Quiltmania at Houston Quilt Market Fall 2010. They saw a quilt I had designed for Windham Fabrics and wanted to publish it along with the pattern. I was thrilled!

The name of the quilt is Shelburne Calico Garden Medallion. It was designed using Windham’s fabric line by the same name (minus the Medallion part). The quilt was challenge I enjoyed. Thank you Quiltmania!!!

I’d like to clarify something… Even though the magazine says “This medallion quilt is a reproduction of an old quilt from the late 17th – early 18th century which is in the Shelburne Museum collection in Vermont” it is not. I designed this quilt and it is NOT a copy of a quilt already in existence. I hope the Shelburne wasn’t looking for the original.

On another note

The Minnesota Quilters’ Quilt Show began today. It is a fantastic show as usual. There are some of the greatest quilts in the country on display, unbeatable vendors selling everything quilting and classes for every skill level! What more can you ask for.

Glad Creations Quilt Shop has a three of my designs on display and all of my Quilts Remembered patterns for sale. Check out the pictures.

As always…Happy Quilting,

Annemarie

No comments: