Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Just a Little Applique…





3 blocks finished! The blocks are from Sharon Pederson’s new book, The Rose of Sharon Block Book, winning designs from the EQ6 challenge. I have really enjoyed making them using the invisible machine appliqué method. This method of applique is accurate and much faster than needle turn appliqué. The fabrics are from Island Batik and are beautiful to work with. Glad Creations, Quilt Block in Minneapolis, MN is offering the blocks as a block of the month. There is a book (of course), a video, template/stencils in all the necessary shapes and 12 beautiful spools of matching Aurifil thread.

Just a little more appliqué…I made this sweatshirt jacket from my mother as a Christmas present. The one she was wearing was complete in shreds. It was time for a new one. So I compiled a few appliqué patterns from my collection, added some of my own ideas and here you have it. It just needs a button. What is it ‘they’ say about quilters and buttons?

Hoping for spring to arrive!

Happy quilting,

Annemarie

No comments: