Monday, January 24, 2011

3 Quilts in a Month!

3 Quilts in a Month!

3 quilts in the last month have been finished. They are very different. Mostly started and completed for reasons other than ‘just because.’ I love to start a quilt ‘just because’ I want to. I wish that would happen more often. I have a load of ideas twirling around in my head for new quilts. Sometimes it is just too hard deciding which one to start first.


Quilt #1...The Lone Star was started 5 years ago for my son. It will be a present when he graduates from college. He loves to fish - hence the lure fabric. The center lone star is made using a Quiltsmart foundation product. Great technique…I’d use the Quiltsmart foundation product again in a flash!






Quilt #2…Foursquare Farmhouse – designed by Terry Atkinson. I made this one for the Groovy Girls Club I teach at Glad Creations, Quilt Block in Minneapolis, MN. It was a dream to make. Easy as pie!!!





Quilt #3...Today I finished the first in Jo Morton’s club #10. It is called HST Challenge. 120 small triangles make up this sweet little quilt. It is very small, just 13”x15”. Perfect for a special child’s doll; easy, fast, and darling!





Happy Quilting,

Annemarie

www.QuiltsRemembered.com

No comments: